Many people don’t really understand what a mortgage broker is or what they do.
The simplest way I can explain a mortgage broker (and believe me, we are not all created equal) is that I find and secure the best mortgage rates and terms for my clients based on their goals and situations by making sure that quality lenders have to compete for the right to your business. In short, I save you money and reduce stress.
As this blog grows, we will be sharing the best of what we know so that anyone following us will be fully informed to make great decisions when it comes to mortgage and personal finance. For today, I’m going to share some key mortgage broker insights with you.
- In all but rare cases you don’t pay for my services, the lender does. Knowing that fact, you should also know that we’ve been doing this kind of work – successfully – for more than 30 years, which means that when it comes to the bottom line, your bottom line rules, and we’re great at getting our clients superb mortgage options and financial solutions that most folks couldn’t hope to on their own. And we only get paid when we get you what you need, so we are completely motivated by your success.
- We have relationships with dozens of lenders, which means we have a lot of lenders competing for the right to lend to our clients. We actively negotiate with multiple lenders with one goal; to get the hungriest of the best of them to give you a superior mortgage deal. Dealing with just your bank to avoid the hassle of trying to do what we do might seem easier, and most of us hate change to begin with, but we take all of that stress off of your plate and you’ll be surprised how much money we can save you. Like really surprised.
- When I wrote that all brokers are not created equally, I wasn’t kidding. Experience really counts in this business and few can come close to our experience. We do things right, which means we have solid, longstanding relationships with the best of the lending industry, experience with every imaginable client situation out there, and a history of successfully helping clients in challenging situations. We can stick handle like few others can. Again, I share this for the simple fact that no matter what your reasons or situation, you still want the best mortgage solution possible, and our experience really matters in the Mortgage industry.
- We are absolute detail hounds. Great rates are what everyone is after, but a low rate without great terms and conditions can be costly for you in the long run. A great broker forensically goes through the details of any mortgage to ensure that rate and terms are the best for you and your situation. Again, our experience offers borrowers a massive level of security. Rate is important, but your future financial health is just as important. Fear any broker who doesn’t think this way.
- Sometimes it’s about low rates, but sometimes it’s about fixing bigger problems. We are exceptional at what we do, but sometimes we have clients that are really up against it for a host of reasons. For example, if you have a really poor credit score and a history of unpaid bills, you may qualify for a mortgage to help you reset things, but you won’t qualify for the kind of rates that lenders offer tier 1 credit ratings. If your goal is to get the lowest rate, we may not be able to help you. If your goal is to turn things around and legitimately rebuild solid credit worthiness for yourself, we absolutely have solutions. Again everyone’s situation is unique, and a great broker can help just about anyone who’s serious about planning a better way forward. But, to be clear, we do not walk on water.
Looking for a mortgage? Wondering if you qualify? Interested in refinancing? Our secure and completely confidential “no obligation” quick-form can give you answers, fast. Find it here.